Great news for Samsung Captivate owners ,Samsung and AT & T finally released android 2.3 Gingerbread update.The update is currently available through Samsung kies mini software.
Samsung Captivate android 2.3 Gingerbread update Change-Log
- one touch word selection and Copy paste
- multi-touch input in Numerical keypad (shift + other keys)
- Larger fonts
- word prediction
- voice search added
- Vertical playback of YouTube app
- Concurrent Garbage Collector added to reduce lags while playing games
- New updated 3D Graphics drivers for better gaming and texture
- OpenSL ES and EGL for better multimedia performance
Read More information about the update on the AT&T Support Page.
Also read : Top 3 web browsers for android
How to update Samsung Captivate to android 2.3 Gingerbread ?
- Download and install Samsung kies mini software – download Samsung kies mini .
- make sure phone’s battery is full.
- Update will erase all your data ,so before doing any thing make backup of both phone and memory card first.
- Now connect your phone to pc
- In Samsung kies mini window select “Upgrade your phone ”
- Now the software will download the firmware file and upgrade your phone .
Note : Do a factory reset if anything went wrong after update